Fixed Income Products work to build wealth in a number of ways. With the right strategy and wise, attentive managers, your Fixed Income portfolio can boost your wealth considerably. We offer a wide range of Fixed Income instruments that we can mix, manage and adjust as we go.
Brokering of Sovereign & Corporate Bonds
- MF&G Asset Management will act on behalf of the client in acquiring sovereign (e.g. GOJ securities) and corporate bonds – locally and internationally.
- Securities may be in the form of treasury bills, investment bonds, global bonds, USD local bonds, promissory notes, indexed bonds, etc.
- Clients receive a Certificate of Participation (COP) that indicates their participation in the issue.
- Interest and principal payments are collected from the issuer by MF&G Asset Management on behalf of the client.
Money Market Products
Repurchase Agreements (Repos)
- A repurchase agreement (repo) pays the investor a fixed rate of return, based on a fixed investment period. The principal is secured by the underlying government or corporate security. With a repo, your funds are invested at an agreed upon rate for a fixed period of time with a specified maturity date. Interest can be paid to client or rolled with the principal for another period.
- For periods up to one year.
- Minimum amount required is J$1M or US$10,000.
- Suitable for individuals and companies who wish to accumulate funds for the short to medium term or need frequent interest income.